Khawosay is a famous main course dish in the Memon Community around the world. It was originally an appetizer dish in Thailand. It consists of Boiled Spaghetti , Yogurt Curry, Chicken Curry and some garnish on top. 🙂
- 250g yoghurt
- 3 cup water
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (haldi)
- 1tbsp green chilli paste
- salt to taste
- 4 tbsp Besan (ground chickpea)
- 1tbsp kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves) Tarka: curry leaves, 3/4 red chilli balls, coriander
- First take a pot and add yogurt, turmeric, green chilli paste and besan with 1/2 cup water and mix well. Once its all combined well, put 2.5 cups of water and let it cook in a low flame for 30 minutes.
- When its cooked, add salt to taste, dried fenugreek leaves and cook it a little more.
- Tarka: put oil in a pan. add red chilli balls, and curry leaves and make them hot. it will take less than a minute so stay alert. Then add the hot tarka on the curry and cover the pot with the lid for 5 minutes.
Important: I didn’t put salt in the beginning. I will put it once the curry is almost ready.
It will look like the above picture.
- 500g boneless chicken
- 3 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- All spices:
- 4 cloves
- 4 green cardamom
- 1tsp black cumin (zeera not powder)
- 4 black pepper balls
- 2 Star anise (phool)
- 1 Cinnamon stick (taj)
- 1tbsp Ginger and garlic paste
- 3.5tbsp red chilli powder (I like it little spicy)
- salt to taste
- 1tsp turmeric ( haldi)
- 2tsp coriander powder
- In the pot add oil and onion and let it turn to a slight brown color.
- Add tomatoes, boneless chicken and all the other ingredients in the list above. leave it on a medium flame for 20 minutes. Stir in between so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the oil comes on top, low the flame and cook it for 5 more minutes. It will be ready for serving. 🙂
- 1 packet Spaghetti (1/2kg)
- 1tsp salt
- few drops oil
- 4 cups water
- Bring water to a boil, add the spaghetti, salt and oil and let it cook.
- Once cooked, drain the water twice so that the spaghetti becomes cold faster.
You can either put these separately in the table or assemble it together in a tray.
To assemble, first put the noodles, then the yogurt curry and then the chicken curry.
Garnish with coriander and Shan Chaat Masala 🙂